Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Circumcision - Why was your ds "done"

(6 Posts)
bottletopbill Tue 14-Jul-09 20:51:04

My Lo has got balantis - spell! Doc has said his skin at the end is very, very tight and in time if he conistantly has problems will have to be circumcised.

Why was your DS circumcised? How long was he in hosp? What age was he? My ds is only 4sad

ABetaDad Tue 14-Jul-09 20:56:28

Our DS2 was done about 3 weeks ago for Balanaitis. Just a day case.

He is just fine now but a bit uncomfortable for a while. He is 7 and went back to school after 5 days.

He did not wear underpants for 2 weeks and only wore loose gym shorts at school until the end of term.

ABetaDad Tue 14-Jul-09 20:58:47

DS2 had severe infections form the trappe durine and frankly that would have contined into adulthood and caused scarring and severe sexual problems. It has to be done and frankly if your DS can have it done now before he goes to school I would go for it.

bottletopbill Thu 16-Jul-09 22:40:43

bump

pinkdoughnuts Mon 20-Jul-09 15:13:54

Hi,

My ds - 4.5 is going in to be circumcised tomorrow morning.

We have been told that he should hopefully be home the same day as long as it all goes to plan.

His skin is far too tight & he keeps getting infections, he also has an issue with his left kidney, though they're unsure if this is related at the moment.

From first seeing Urology to having his OP has only taken 5 weeks, I'm so glad we've not had to wait, this way it'll be done and all sorted before he starts at school in September.

Tippytoes Mon 20-Jul-09 15:17:28

My ds had it done last year - he was 6. It was a day case. He was sore for a few days, but it got easier after that each day. He was off school for a week and then just had to be careful when he want back for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now