Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does DS need a tetanus jab ?

(5 Posts)
littleoldme Tue 14-Jul-09 19:06:38

NHS Direct are flooded with swine flu and thier web site isn't helping.

Ds 18mo got quite badly scratched around his head by the neighbours cat - it had a real go. Most of the cut are superficial apart from a deeper one in his mouth. It's nothing too terrible but with it being in his mouth and all the nasties cats have under their claws...

or am I just being PFB

squeakywheel Tue 14-Jul-09 19:51:40

It's not going to be that long since his first jabs is it? Might that mean he's fine for tetanus?

There is a thing called cat scratch fever you can get from cats, though, plus toxoplasmosis perhaps? Have you managed to disinfect the one in his mouth at all? Squidge a bit of TCP on it?

littleoldme Tue 14-Jul-09 20:07:57

Thanks squeaky - once I's calmed down I realised he is ok for tetanus. I didn't disinfect it as he was so distressed I couldn't get at it. I'll have a go in the morning .

saintlydamemrsturnip Tue 14-Jul-09 20:10:52

Scratches usually OK anyway- it's puncture wounds via bites you need to be concerned about. If you see blood it should be OK tetanus wise (bit simplistic but broadly true).

littleoldme Tue 14-Jul-09 20:31:23

Thanks Saintly I didn't know that x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now