Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Back pain in 3 year old

(7 Posts)
JackBauerDoodleDoes Tue 14-Jul-09 13:55:06

DD1 is 3.5, she has had 3 bad urine infections this year alone, all treated with trimepothrin (sp?) We are waiting for a referral to get her kidney's checked
On Sunday we went to a party and she drank constantly and was complaining of being thirsty for about an hour and then stopped. A few hours later she weed and pood in her jeans, she has wet herself before but never pood.

Over the last few weeks, since her last UTI, she has been complaining of back pain, she says it is about where her kidneys are (by pointing) but it isn't constant, she says it maybe 1 or 2 times a day, and never when she is on the loo or needing to go.
When she says it does she puts my hand on her back and asks me to rub it for a few minutes, then she says it feels all better and runs off, quite happy.

Should I wait for referral appt or go and see docs?
I am not 100% that it does hurt anymore, I think it did during her UTI and discovered it was an easy way to get attention/cuddles but I don't cuddle etc I just rub her back now, and she still does it.

SoupDragon Tue 14-Jul-09 13:57:02

I'd probably go to the doctors. It might speed the referral up?

JackBauerDoodleDoes Tue 14-Jul-09 14:08:19

Can you kidneys hurt even if you don't have any other UTI symptoms though? I used to get them all the time but my kidneys didn't hurt afterwards.

You are right though, she just hates the doctors and creates, so it stresses me out!

JackBauerDoodleDoes Tue 14-Jul-09 14:35:03

Humph. The surgery is closed for training today so I either wait until tomorrow or call NHS.
It can wait right?

JackBauerDoodleDoes Tue 14-Jul-09 14:39:46

Humph. The surgery is closed for training today so I either wait until tomorrow or call NHS.
It can wait right?

SoupDragon Tue 14-Jul-09 14:41:10

I'd say it can wait til tomorrow - she's not in agony or has other symptoms? I'm notoriously lax wrt doctor visits though.

JackBauerDoodleDoes Tue 14-Jul-09 15:01:04

Will leave it, am not that worried, it's just odd IYSWIM

Re lax thing, me too. I haven't been for ages and only go when I think we need drugs.

Don't appear to be other symptoms. She does hate the docs though and has been found hiding injuries in case she has to go to the hospital (she had to be admitted last year on a drip for food poisoning/dehydration and they hurt her quite badly so she is terrified of it happeneing again)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now