Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help - At my wits end

(8 Posts)
moneytree Mon 13-Jul-09 15:49:42

My DD had surgery for Hip Dysplasia last Monday and in a body hip spica cast. I noticed today that she had a weird rash with white spots in the inside of her cast (swelling has gone down so able to look now) Took her to GP who said she had mini boils so gave some antibotics to take orally. Only thing is she is spitting it out and refusing to take. Any suggestions/helpful tips pls. Am very tearful as very exhausted. sad

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 13-Jul-09 15:51:50

What is the medication? Flucloacilin? It doesn't taste too great so maube mix it in with something sweet? Yogurt?

moneytree Mon 13-Jul-09 15:53:54

Its Flucloxacillin so sounds like thats the one. It says take an hour before food or on an empty stomache...do you think that really matters?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 13-Jul-09 15:55:49

In that case, mix it in with a little fruit juice. It does taste foul.

The x isn't working well on the laptop, I did mean flucloxacillin. Doh!

moneytree Mon 13-Jul-09 15:56:59

OK, will give it a go. thxs

mummyplonk Mon 13-Jul-09 15:57:22

When my DS had to have that antibiotic the only way he would take it was, am afraid in a small amount of Purple Fruit Shoot, for some reason it was the only thing that masked it's flavour and we tried everything. Forget the Fruit Shoot flaming, if you've got to get it in em you will try anything. (remebers melting buttons, milkshakes, lemonade, yoghurt,etc etc)

mummyplonk Mon 13-Jul-09 16:11:44

oh forgot to mention as can go gloopy and cloudy the mission included (draining 75% of drink beforehand) and leaving the mixture in the fruit shoot bottle which he cannot see the colour of the offending article.

moneytree Mon 13-Jul-09 18:17:25

Great, will see how these experiments go. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now