Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd3 has 12 warts opver her hands, but wont let me see about getting them removed

(11 Posts)
misdee Sun 12-Jul-09 21:20:34

she says sher loves them as they feel funny, and rejoices when a new one appears.

i'm all for letting the body deal with it on its own, and am reluctant to cause her pain by getting them frozen.

but its been over a year since the first one appeared, how long should it take for them to go?

QueenofSpleen Sun 12-Jul-09 22:15:54

They need removing by a doctor

misdee Sun 12-Jul-09 22:20:07

my gp said they dont need to, as eventual;ly the body will sort them out on its own, and by freezing they could reoccur.

MrsJamesMartin Sun 12-Jul-09 22:21:53

They will eventually go of their own accord can be up to 2 yrs or so though.

CMOTdibbler Sun 12-Jul-09 22:21:58

I think current guidance is that in children they will normally disappear of their own accord within 2 years, and that unless they cause pain or get infected, removing them doesn't kill off the wart virus and can leave scars, so they are best left to get on with it.

MrsMcCluskey Sun 12-Jul-09 22:23:20

My GP refused to remove them said it would be too painful
We tried Bazooka but it didnt do much good
After about 18 months they jusst disappeared more or les over night...but we had been swimming in the sea - not sure if that had anything to do with it - I am a big beleiver in the powers of the ocean!

misdee Sun 12-Jul-09 22:23:38

oh so another year then

thanks.

i wasnt sure if it had been too long already, but wont panic unless thyey are still there next year.

MrsMcCluskey Sun 12-Jul-09 22:23:54

Sorry DS1's warts on his hands¬

QueenofSpleen Sun 12-Jul-09 23:27:13

I have had warts on my hands for 10 years now and the GP said he would of removed them in the first year, but its to late now.
Mine were caused through stress.

barbapapa Tue 14-Jul-09 10:23:14

After trying and failing with the "duct tape" method, I used Wartner on my dd (5). After 10 days the warts droped off and she has had no problems since. Wartner is a freezing spray, dd did not seem to think it hurt , just that it was a bit cold.

barbapapa Tue 14-Jul-09 10:24:10

dropped

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now