Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What are these bumps on DD's skin?

(9 Posts)
LovelyDear Sun 12-Jul-09 20:10:49

DD (5) has had two circular colourless bumps, about 7mm diameter. One on her wrist, one above her elbow. She's had them about a week. When they first appeared I thought - ay ay, here comes chicken pox. but they didn't changed, and no more have a appeared. She's been under the weather for a few days. Yesterday the wrist one swelled a little, and i thought maybe it's CP after all. But today it's back to as it was. Not pus filled as far as i can tell. Any clues?

LovelyDear Sun 12-Jul-09 20:18:02

smile please?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 20:22:06

Hmm. Warts?

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Sun 12-Jul-09 20:23:50

could be moluscum (think spelt right?)my dd had them when she was 3.they look like warts and spread like mad.

angrypixie Sun 12-Jul-09 20:44:39

We've been plagued by molescum, my daughter has it on arms legs and torso and has done for months

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Sun 12-Jul-09 21:08:12

hate to say it but i think ds is starting with it too

he has a spot on his tum that looks familiar

dd had it on er torso and arms it was terrible but it went after a year

the secret is to get the hard pus out and not let it touch the surounding skin as thats how it spreads
not easy though and veru painful...
i used to bath dd and rub her skin briskly with towel and then tweezer them out while the skin was broken

LovelyDear Sun 12-Jul-09 21:16:10

i've seen molluscum on a friend's DD and this is totally different (thank goodness, i think!) it looks like two single chicken poxes.

LIZS Sun 12-Jul-09 21:17:52

Molluscum contagiosum?If so they get progressively worse and spread before spontansouly cleanrign some motnhs later ime. Teatree oil and Aveeno helped dd's from being too angry.

LovelyDear Sun 12-Jul-09 21:54:50

d'you know, i've looked at this before but now i look again i think it might be this. hmmm. yuck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now