Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nits - Remind me, are the eggs brown ??

(6 Posts)
NervousNutty Tue 07-Jul-09 20:21:33

Had to check dc's hair because my friend and her dd were crawling in them.

Found nothing on dd2 or ds, but found about 6/8 brown bits stuck to the root of dd1's hair in the nape of her neck, which is where she had them last time.

No crawlies though.

Dd checked my hair and didn't find anything but pulled half my hair out for good measure lol

RenagadeMum Tue 07-Jul-09 20:24:22

My childminder also told me my dd had nits.

Can't find the little buggers though!!!! To be on safe side have used conditioner with Nitty Gritty nit comb on us all as not going to use chemicals until I see the whites of their eyes. My dd is fed up with the daily nit checks but after 2 weeks still haven't found any.

On the plus side, our wheelie bin has maggots from the hot weather and we are infested with moth larvae.

The plague has begun...!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 07-Jul-09 20:26:57

If you pull one off and squeeze it in between your fingernails and it cracks then it's a nit. You need to put conditioner in her hair and use a nit comb as the little buggers will run off otherwise.

amidaiwish Tue 07-Jul-09 20:27:08

unhatched eggs = brown
hatched eggs = white

so if you have found some brown eggs (like dots) then do a thorough combing with a nit comb and conditioner twice a day until you are absolutely sure they are all gone. miss one and it'll hatch and lay 1000 eggs. [mild exaggeration]

RenagadeMum Tue 07-Jul-09 20:29:08

Gags

NervousNutty Tue 07-Jul-09 20:31:25

Thanks, dd said she saw loads of white bits in my hair but i am pretty sure that was hairspray as i'd had loads in today.

I haven't been itchy, well not until my friend said she had them.

I had some ull mark in the cupboard so have used that on dd1 and done a good comb through. Only found unhatched eggs.

Did a good comb through of mine with conditioner on and will do same again for next few days, for me and dd, plus check other two aswell.

Could do with an adult checking mine for me too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now