Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does anyone have a son or male relative with X Linked Icthyosis?

(1 Post)
WizzyWoo Tue 07-Jul-09 13:55:21

Am 22 weeks pregnant with my second child and after tests following low oestriol result detected in my 16 week bloods, have been told that unborn baby boy has X Linked Icthyosis. Have been advised that it may be as mild as dry skin or as severe as to cause "snake-like" scaling (such as a member of my family has just admitted to having). Photos on internet are pretty horrific and have been told that baby will be treated according to his needs when born/as he's growing up.

I'm looking for anyone who has a son or someone in their family with this condition who can tell me how it has affected them, what type of treatment has been used etc, be it a tale of reassurance or one of stress. I just need to know a bit more about this condition, as I'm not finding the internet very helpful. Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now