Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sorry, this is probably a weekly topic, but can anyone point me the direction of information on...

(7 Posts)
Hopefully Mon 06-Jul-09 14:58:14

MMR v single jabs? I definitely intend to get DS immunised, but am a bit overwhelmed by all the scare stories. I want to read some 'proper' discussion of the potential risks of MMR v potential risks of single jabs, not what some silly journo thinks will make a headline.

Can anyone suggest a good book/article/journal/anything?

Thanks!

jabberwocky Mon 06-Jul-09 15:00:04

Stephanie Cave M.D. has an excellent book called "What your Doctor Won't tell you about Vaccines".

jabberwocky Mon 06-Jul-09 15:00:44

Stephanie Cave M.D. has an excellent book called "What your Doctor Won't tell you about Vaccines".

Ewe Mon 06-Jul-09 15:32:36

Jabs website is slightly one sided but is an interesting read.

If you do a search on MMR there is lots of intelligent debate on here about it. Try the vaccinations topic too.

ShowOfHands Mon 06-Jul-09 15:33:26

Read The Truth About Vaccines by Dr Richard Halvorsen. He's a GP, private and NHS and is very balanced.

Sunshinemummy Mon 06-Jul-09 15:40:38

Hopefully I read this which was posted on an earlier thread. It's very interesting.

Hopefully Mon 06-Jul-09 21:58:58

Thanks very much everyone - plenty to keep me going! Good thing DS is only 9 months...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now