Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5 wk old making cliucking sounds with his mouth when not feeding?

(4 Posts)
LadyLotty Mon 06-Jul-09 13:11:33

my little one makes this click click sound with his mouth, I'm not sure if this is normal? he doesn't do it when feeding just when he is awake...!

kittybrown Mon 06-Jul-09 14:49:01

my dd used to do this. I thought it was her way of settling without having to feed or suck on a dummy a sort of simulation sucking. She also used to do it as she was drifting off to sleep up until she was about 3.

Overmydeadbody Mon 06-Jul-09 14:51:57

My DS has always does it, and at 6 yrs old still does is when falling asleep and while he is sleeping. It is a sort of unconscious sucking, I jus put it down to a sort of comfort thing like sucking a thumb or dummy.

LadyLotty Mon 06-Jul-09 22:43:21

Oh that's such a relief -- thanks Kittybrown and Overmydeadbody! Come to think of it, my little one is a rather 'sucky' baby likes to be comforted, so it makes total sense! I was just worried because I read quite a few threads about clicking and thrush, and was just worried it may be an indication of some sort of illness?!?!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now