Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

WHEN DO I BRUSH HIS TEETH?

(10 Posts)
gillythekid Sun 05-Jul-09 16:08:01

This seems like a silly question to ask but DH has had his teeth come through recently and I've tried to brush them but he clamps his mouth shut. He has his bath in the evening then his bottle before bed and is soooo sleepy that I don't want to make him go ballistic! What routine does anyone else find successful?

iMissEdith Sun 05-Jul-09 16:10:18

Farking hell if he's old enough to marry you he's old enough to brush his own teeth.

Smack him.

gillythekid Sun 05-Jul-09 16:11:31

Oops..think I meant DS there, although I do have to nag DH from time to time with his monkey breath in the mornings!

iMissEdith Sun 05-Jul-09 16:11:33

If, on the other hand, it's your ds/dd, then let him/her play with the toothbrush at other times on his/her own.

iMissEdith Sun 05-Jul-09 16:12:29

x post

grin

try brushing them in the bath?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 05-Jul-09 16:14:00

Isn't your husband a little too old to have teeth come through? Is he not old enough to clean them himself? Isn't he too old to have a bottle before bed?

If it were a child on the other hand, there's no need to start brushing late at night, let him/her get use to the toothbrush first or use a cloth. I'd personally wait until weaning was well established so he/she's used to having things in his/her mouth.

gillythekid Sun 05-Jul-09 16:15:44

Vicious cycle here as he's just suddenly become terrified of the bath! (just posted in behaviour/development) I'll try letting him mess round with the brush on his own again (tried some weeks back but he still clamped shut when i tried!) Thanks

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 05-Jul-09 16:20:18

How old is he?

gillythekid Sun 05-Jul-09 16:34:11

Almost one, quite a late teether but number 4 is well through now.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 05-Jul-09 16:36:37

He's not ready for a toothbrush yet. A damp cloth should do the job just as well at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now