Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toeing in

(7 Posts)
geminigirl Sat 04-Jul-09 00:44:37

My 20 month old DS is toeing in quite noticeably with his right foot....what do I do?

geminigirl Sat 04-Jul-09 01:07:24

bump

gigglewitch Sat 04-Jul-09 01:51:23

wel fwiw I'll tell you about dd - she had noticeable "in-toeing" and very flat feet, plus being very (unreasonably) flexible - all of this lot combining made her unable to walk properly, and falling over the time. I took her to the GP, asked for a referral to get a physio assessment, they saw all the things that I had, agreed that all her joints are hypermobile and she was intoeing badly on her left and to some degree on her right. We were referred on within the week to the orthotics clinic. She wears Piedro boots all of the time to correct the arch problem and the insoles seem to fix both this and the in-toeing issue. She has spare insoles so that if she (rarely) wears wellies or party shoes, then we can put the insoles in and she is able to walk well smile

geminigirl Sat 04-Jul-09 09:40:36

DS is walking well and now starting to run but I probablt should take him to the GP then. What are the Piedro boots? Do they have to be specially ordered or fitted or can you buy them yourself?

geminigirl Sat 04-Jul-09 09:48:17

Sorry about spelling....i meant 'probably'!

gigglewitch Sat 04-Jul-09 19:52:29

the boots are 'prescribed' by the orthotics department. Your ds might be ok with insoles, or some physio - am no expert! well worth asking the GP to refer him for a physio assessment though.

geminigirl Sat 04-Jul-09 21:19:24

Thankssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now