Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Green poo in 9 week old

(3 Posts)
weddingcake Fri 03-Jul-09 22:16:16

DD had first jabs on Mon and has had diarrhoea ever since. Wed there was blood in it so saw GP who referred us to a and e who weren't too worried.

No more blood but poo has been flourescent green and insanely frequent ever since. She's solely breast fed and I have been trying to give her sips of cooled boiled water to prevent dehydration but do I just keep feeding through this and at what point should I return to GP if poo is still green?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 03-Jul-09 22:18:19

Sounds like she has a bug - may not be related to jabs in any way. Just happens sometimes. I know it's scary but if she is okay, just keep feeding her - breastmilk really is the best thing - she is passing the bugs to you and you pass antibodies back in the milk - breastmilk is very cool stuff in this respect.

If after 48 hours she still has the incredible hulk poo, go see the GP again.

weddingcake Sat 04-Jul-09 10:37:23

Thankyou - will keep up the 24 hour feeding - good excuse to sit and do nothing in the heat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now