Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

could this be something else and NOT chicken pox??

(6 Posts)
mad4myboys Fri 03-Jul-09 14:22:58

3 yr old ds1 has just had chicken pox, 2 weeks yesterday first spots. Yesterday ds2 7 months had a spot come up on his forehead which i thought hmm prob CP. THis am he has a few more but they are already fluid filed, sort of pus like. My mum rekons it is CP but they are quite small and why are they already pus like? He has about 10 overall on his body. He seems fine, could it really be CP? Is it different for babies? ds1 had it VERY badly and ended up in hosp twice.....

SparkleandShine Fri 03-Jul-09 14:26:10

My DS just had hand, foot and mouth and it looks like CP but smaller. Spots tend to be on hands, feet, inside mouth, bottom, elbows and knees.

however as it's 2 weeks since your other DC had it I'd put money on that its CP...

mad4myboys Fri 03-Jul-09 14:34:29

he has 2 on his scalp, forehead, 2 on trunk, 1 on his groin and a couple of other really small ones...Can it really be so different with diferent LO's?

DesperateHousewifeToo Fri 03-Jul-09 18:04:32

Different children suffer chicken pox in different ways.

Ds hardly noticed it and was back at school 5 days after first spot appeared whereas dd had it more severely and was quite poorly - although not anywhere close to needing hospitalisation.

Ds gave it to dd and there was 13 days between ds and dd starting with spots.

PrincessToadstool Fri 03-Jul-09 18:10:18

That sounds exactly like how it started with my DS - the first three spots were fluid-filled. As the incubation period is 2-3 weeks it sounds very likely...

I have read - anecdotally - that if caught off someone who suffered badly, it might not be as severe - and vice versa - my DS caught it off a friend's DD who only had about 10 spots, whereas I lost count of his, dozens upon dozens of them...

mad4myboys Fri 03-Jul-09 18:52:54

hmmm im praying he doesnt get it any where near as bad as ds1, ive never seen him so ill. He slept approx 1 hour each night and i ended up sitting and watching the dvd 'cars' about 5 times a night! Even now he isnt right still. They are def fluid filled...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now