Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Reflex Anoxic Seizures and Immunisations.

(3 Posts)
FlappyTheBat Fri 03-Jul-09 13:05:58

My eldest dd (4 years) has recently had a few R.A.S, although until EEG we haven't had a confirmed diagnosis.

She is due to have her pre school boosters in 4 weeks time and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of how to manage this to try and prevent a seizure occurring?

She was fine with all her baby immunisations and the R.A.S have only started recently.

TIA

Pheebe Fri 03-Jul-09 15:19:26

DS2 has ras too but he's only 20 months, he fainted with one lot of jabs, the mmr I think, the ones that sting, but has been fine with all the others as the pain is tiny and quick really.

We pre-warned the HV and made sure she did it quickly without showing ds2 the needle. We also kept him occupied while she did it by starting to open a packet of sweets at the same time.

As your DD is 4 I would expain everything to her, have some sweets ready for her and promise her a treat afterwards. Don't try and hide anything from her, forewarn her that it will sting but only for a count of 2.

FlappyTheBat Sat 04-Jul-09 14:21:49

Thanks for that, will use the diversion of a packet of sweets but will tell her first what is going to happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now