Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

chicken pox - should my dd age 2 be exposed to it or not?

(4 Posts)
jujumaman Fri 03-Jul-09 12:09:44

Friends were coming over on Sunday but their dd2 has chicken pox so I have cancelled. They say it's good for young children to catch it early and get it out of the way but I am still not thrilled at the idea of deliberately exposing dd2 (dd1 has had it) to it - though I'd be zen if and when she eventually picks it up. Is there any truth in our friends' argument - I would love to see them but not if dd2 is going to be spotty and miserable.

gegs73 Fri 03-Jul-09 12:14:04

I wouldn't deliberately expose my 2 year old to chicken pox. That is an age when they probably won't understand the whole don't scratch thing. If they catch it unknowingly then they catch it, but I wouldn't have them knowingly playing with children who had it IYSWIM. Etiquette round here is that children with pox stay away until they have scabbed over.

puffylovett Fri 03-Jul-09 12:15:00

If it were me - I would want DS 2.4 to catch it. But then I have DC2 on the way, and I'd rather he had it now than when I had a newborn to worry about and look after IYSWIM

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now