Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any Dentists/Dental nurses out there? Have question about DD1's crooked teeth

(3 Posts)
MrsWicket Fri 03-Jul-09 09:54:05

DD1 (nearly six) has now lost her two bottom middle teeth. Her second set are just starting to come through and they look incredibly crooked. (Imaging them together as a v shape pointing towards back of mouth). Will they straighten out as they come through further or when the baby teeth next to them fall out giving them more room? Or is this a potential brace job when she's older? She's not great going to the dentist and the thought that she may need something like a brace will make her worse I fear. Thanks. MrsW

sandcastles Fri 03-Jul-09 10:19:28

It's hard to tell how the teeth will sit at the moment. It is only 2 of the 14 that she will eventually get (16 if she gets wisdom teeth) and her jaw will grow alot more in the time it takes them all to come through.

Bare in mind though that these teeth are much bigger than the baby teeth she had there before, so will not fit perfectly in the space.

It is a bit of a wait & see game at this age, I am afraid!

MrsWicket Fri 03-Jul-09 14:06:30

Thanks, sandcastles! That has put my mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now