Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Conjunctivitis linked with water park - anyone know??

(4 Posts)
cloudydaze Thu 02-Jul-09 20:14:31

Hi,
Having spent a few hours at a water park today DS2 (20 months) now seems to have an awful case of conjunctivitis. He's had it before so I know how to treat it it's more I'm curious really, does anyone know/found that this is related to the water at the water park? It's just that it started within an hour of being home & DS1's eyes are also looking rather pink so it's making me wonder if the water in the water park could have been a trigger.
Does anyone know??
Many thanks

angel1976 Thu 02-Jul-09 20:28:05

Not sure but my DS went to this massive soft play area for the first time a couple of months ago and the next day, he had a really nasty eye infection (it wasn't conjunctivities but his eyes just weeped a lot for a week!). I'm convinced it's linked to that place just being a breeding place for germs and the likes by the sheer number of monsters brats children running around... hmm

cloudydaze Thu 02-Jul-09 20:33:55

Whilst we go to soft play places I do always get slightly grossed out when I catch DS2 sucking on the balls etc as sure he's not the only one doing that.

angel1976 Thu 02-Jul-09 21:01:16

Yes, when I saw the number of children running around these places... Yeeks! I now take DS to a much smaller soft play place and I feel much better. He's only little (16 months old) so not worried about how big or well-equipped the place is at the moment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: