Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Viral rashes on both children - should I keep DD home from nursery?

(3 Posts)
whomovedmychocolate Wed 01-Jul-09 21:05:30

My children both have caught some sort of bug which represents as rolling high temperatures, malaise and anorexia. The GP reckons it's a 'virus' (ie bog off and come back if they actually suffer, there's no treatment). This then developed into a rash (blanching) all over. V. common in small children with temperatures apparently.s I did think it was just a heat rash to start with but then it got worse and worse. Anyway they look like they've got german measles and just for fun so do I because they joyfully shared their germs. hmm

GP says there is no way it's contagious because they've had it for over a week and it's not a known virus. Woop-de-doo - and yet they got it from somewhere. hmm

So I don't know whether to send DD tomorrow or not to nursery - frankly I am a tad concerned in case she is incubating the plague. hmm

They are both quite happy as long as regularly dosed with neurofen/paracetamol.

Loosingmymind Thu 02-Jul-09 09:53:49

Hi, my DS gets these viruses all the time. GP tells me he only needs to be off nursery for the 1st day or 2 of the rash. As long as he isn't acting unwell I fill him wi calpol and send him off.

Hope this helps.

schilke Thu 02-Jul-09 10:49:26

If she's well in herself then I'd send her. However, if she only feels better with calpol then I wouldn't send her.

I've sent dd1 to school today. She has a very obvious rash on her! She's been off school this week with high temp and awful sore throat. Came out in a rash on her neck and then spread all over her tummy and back. Saw GP yesterday (first time she's been to doc!) and she now has abs for a throat infection (looks so sore). Today she is so much better so I've sent her with bright red rash - school were fine about it. Got to pop up there ina minute to give her the abs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now