Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS has a big pink/red patch on back

(7 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Wed 01-Jul-09 19:18:52

running from top to bottom, like he has laid on something but he hasn't. He was ok a little while ago - just did a poo explosion so I gave him a quick bath and have noticed in when he got out. No little dots or anything - just dark pink. Like sunburn, but it's definatly not. Any ideas? out of hours gp..? thanks

OrangeFish Wed 01-Jul-09 19:21:40

Was he laying down on his back on the bath? Or have you been holding him? It may be the heat.

How long has he had it?

LadyOfWaffle Wed 01-Jul-09 19:23:59

seems to be about 15 mins. it's wonky, same colour as when you have pink bits on legs from warm bath, but totally wrong shape & bath was very cool. Not from holding... ill look for camera lead and take pic ...

OrangeFish Wed 01-Jul-09 19:36:56

Are you using a new soap? if so, can you give him another bath but now just with plain water, no soap?

Is the patch itchy? raised? spreading? if it is not, I would just leave it to subside.

LadyOfWaffle Wed 01-Jul-09 19:38:56

pics 2 & 3.... no soap at all

OrangeFish Wed 01-Jul-09 19:54:00

Do you have allergies in the family? (asthma, eczema?) If so, was there any new or non regular ingredient in his food?

Is the patch itchy?

I wouldn't worry too much, but will keep an eye on whatever he had to eat today in case the reaction is repeated in the future.

If the patch is spreading ring NHS direct, but I don't think they will ask you to go to A&E unless breathing was compromised. DS gets that with certain foods and a dose of piriton usually sorts him up.

LadyOfWaffle Wed 01-Jul-09 21:01:36

NO allergies... seems to have calmed down - maybe it was the heat? I will keep an eye on it though. He was itching it a tiny bit but maybe that because I was poking and prodding . Not dry/flaky.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now