Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Another chickenpox query...is it possible for a child to

(6 Posts)
BettyTurnip Wed 01-Jul-09 14:21:20

carry the virus and infect other children without actually having full blown chickenpox themselves?

I picked up my friend's dd from school last Thursday as a favour, she was snotty nosed but otherwise ok. By Sunday her younger brother (who had also been snotty) had developed chickenpox but the girl is still ok.
Over the last couple of days my dd3 has become really snotty and whingey and I'm wondering whether it's possible my friend's dd could've infected her without developing chickenpox herself.

It wouldn't be a problem for dd3 to have chickenpox ordinarily, but we have another friend's baby dd (4 months old) coming to stay on Saturday night so obviously I don't want to risk her (the 4m baby) being exposed to anything.

Anyone experienced this?

BettyTurnip Wed 01-Jul-09 14:33:40

Bump.

BettyTurnip Thu 02-Jul-09 10:28:29

One more bump for luck.

Bubbaloo Thu 02-Jul-09 23:54:59

Bumping for you as I'd like to know the same.Ds2 has chickenpox at the moment and so far ds1 appears to be ok,so is still going to school etc...

SOLOisMeredithGrey Thu 02-Jul-09 23:56:44

Could she not have had the virus but just not have developed the blisters?

BettyTurnip Fri 03-Jul-09 14:56:33

I don't know, that's why I was wondering if it's possible for that to happen.

I think she (friend's dd) may just be naturally immune, she was exposed to my two eldest dds when they were infectious and didn't catch it. There's also been outbreaks at her school and she's not caught it there either.

Hope your ds2 is ok Bubbaloo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now