Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My mindee did 4 diahorea in the space of 1 hour and a half, he is now asleep...

(7 Posts)
Childminderinstrike Wed 01-Jul-09 13:27:55

He ate ok at lunch then it all started..He did one, not too bad at first, then I put him for his nap, wouldnt want to sleep, got him after 5-10 minutes, another one, very watery and so on..He hasn't got any temperature but he looks very distressed and tired...He is now sleeping on the sofa...I gave plenty of water...Shall I call the mum to pick up or shall keep the way he is ?? I'm torn !

rubyslippers Wed 01-Jul-09 13:29:10

call his mum especially as it is out of the ordinary

he doesn't sound well

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 01-Jul-09 13:29:40

he must go home, infection control and all that

exclude for 48 hours, or whatever your contract says

you must think of your self your family and the other children you care for

PortAndLemon Wed 01-Jul-09 13:31:30

Do you have other mindees today?

If you do, I'd say call the mother to pick up. If not, perhaps keep him the way he is, but I'd give her a call anyway to let her know the situation as he may well be ill tonight and too ill to come to you tomorrow and it would be helpful for his parents to be forewarned.

notevenamousie Wed 01-Jul-09 13:32:54

If I was at work and got that call I'd have no problem with making arrangements and going to collect my dc.

Childminderinstrike Wed 01-Jul-09 13:38:47

Alright, thank you ladies..it completely came out of nowhere, he was fine this morning, I have called the mum and she is coming..she said he hasn't been sleeping well for few nights maybe linked ??

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 01-Jul-09 13:41:40

you have done the right thing

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now