Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Conjunctivitis When can DD1 go back to school?

(5 Posts)
Tortoise Sun 28-Jun-09 20:19:51

DD1 came out with conjunctivitis thursday afternoon at school.
Started treatment from the Dr Friday afternoon.
Is she OK to go to school tomorrow?
Her eyes do look OK.

Ewe Sun 28-Jun-09 20:21:27

I think so. The nursery DD is at say 48hours from the treatment starting and they are allowed back in so I would send her tomorrow providing they seem ok.

Tortoise Sun 28-Jun-09 20:25:45

Thanks. smile

mehimandthekids Mon 29-Jun-09 21:02:46

hi'a
I have the same dilema. Had to collect my 3 year old from school with a bad viral that has lead to cnjunct's. The cold/viral has long gone but the bad eyes are now going around the family- so far me and my 7 year old. NHS Direct says they can go back to school anytime, but on calling the school they dont want to see us till its gone, saying it spreads like wild fire at schools. Looks like my kiddies-i have 4, will be having even more time off!!- just now got over all the d & v going around and around! Im sure that having 3 kiddies at nursery or school we get everything at least twice - its sooo very frustrating!(angry)

Tortoise Mon 29-Jun-09 21:23:43

School were happy for DD1 to go back today. Touch wood no sign of it in me or my other DC (I have 4 too).
DD2 had sickness Thursday night so i had both girls home Friday!

Hope yours all clear up soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now