Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

MMR and polio booster....how long will whining last?

(5 Posts)
Bucharest Sat 27-Jun-09 17:55:01

dd had these on Thursday, since then, weepy, clingy, whiney...not eating, says at various points she feels ill, but can't put her finger on what exactly is wrong, varies from sore throat, sore tummy, can't breathe (she can, it's just the crying that gets her all panicky....)
Any ideas? She doesn't have a temp or anything, she's just off....it's her last 2 days at nursery Monday and Tuesday (forever) and she really doesn't want to miss them, but if she's like this klingon child still, I can't inflict her on them!

kitkatqueen Sat 27-Jun-09 20:17:53

Why did thy give her the polio booster at the same time as the mmr????

The immunisations nurse at our practise told me that the mmr should be given by itself and there should be a months wait before any other immunisations.

Have you given her any calpol? Even without a temp it could make her feel pretty rough.

Bucharest Sun 28-Jun-09 12:31:31

Thanks for answering- I'm in Italy and bizarrely, a cocktail of jabs seems totally ordinary- in fact, dd was booked in for HepB and polio but the doctor said she hadn't got a consignment of hepB opened shock so would do the MMR instead!
Am dosing her up on calpol and TLC....dp is beside himself and wants to rush off to ER but I don't quite think we're at that stage yet!

kitkatqueen Sun 28-Jun-09 21:38:33

Hope she's feeling better soon!

Bucharest Mon 29-Jun-09 07:05:10

smile
Well, she's off to nursery today, I think she'll forget her aches and pains once she gets there.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now