Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Another chickenpox question

(4 Posts)
Alibobster Fri 26-Jun-09 11:16:18

DS woke up with spots on Tuesday (His birthday!). Some more came out on Tuesday night but nothing since then. Some have started to scab over but other ones are quite small so it's hard to tell; it also looks as if some are just fading. What I'm wondering is if it's now safe to take ds to the supermarket. I know the normal time to keep them at home is 5-7 days after spots appear but I'm just wondering that as ds appears to have only contracted a mild case if it would be ok to go out now?

Cloudspotter Fri 26-Jun-09 11:33:36

Dunno. I am facing the same dilemma. Can I take her out in public with active spots? If not, how do I do the school run?

Agggghhh!

Alibobster Fri 26-Jun-09 11:45:59

Worse for you Cloudspotter, I've only got 1 to worry about, although I did take him to the local shop yesterday, I just had to

emlitt Fri 26-Jun-09 13:51:16

Hiya
chicken pox spreads through tiny droplets of saliva and mucus in coughs and sneezes, for up to 7 days after the spots appear, but if you have to go out you could keep your child in the car as much as possible, keep them in the buggy with the hood up and even the rain cover over while in the shop/school, or if they're in the open air in the buggy just keep away from people and don't chat too much at the school gates!
xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now