Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Could my 12 week old be teething?

(6 Posts)
jeffily Fri 26-Jun-09 10:17:20

She is dribbling on and off ( not all the time) and she gets very upset sometimes and cries for ages like she is in pain but I can't find anything wrong with her. At these times, if you put your finger in her mouth she chews on it (not really interested in sucking it!) and moves it around her gums with her tongue. Her gums also feel very hard- but not sure if they always did as I never used to shovemy finger in her mouth! Obviously she is too little to have managed to get her hands under contorl yet, but when she does get her fist to her mouth she chews away with gay abandon!

Could she be teething, and if she is, what can i do to help her with the pain?

puffylovett Fri 26-Jun-09 10:18:59

My LO started teething at 6 weeks hmm so it's not unusual. I found he could grip a circular teething ring and get it in his mouth at 3 mths, so he was happy as larry once he had something to chomp on.

I did find that the Nelsons teething powders really helped too, have you tried those ?

Sycamoretreeisvile Fri 26-Jun-09 10:32:13

Yes, DD got her first tooth at 14 weeks on xmas eve.

We spend the run up to her first xmas in misery as it just didn't occur to us that this was what could be making her so grumpy blush

lobsters Fri 26-Jun-09 20:11:15

My 5 month old started teething at about 12 weeks, although we've still not got any teeth through, we were told by HV the teeth start moving round in the gums at about 12 weeks which can be painful. I found Dentinox teething gel helped.

jeffily Fri 26-Jun-09 21:27:22

Thanks all for your replies. Interesting lobsters, that the teeth start to move around this time. I shall invest in some Dentinox and some nelsons powders!

4andnotout Fri 26-Jun-09 21:29:02

My dd2 had a tooth before her 6 week check shock

She was allowed teething powders and we used a little teething gel, once the tooth broke the surface she was fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now