Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

9yr spotty dd! (milk spots)

(4 Posts)
Fizzfiend Thu 25-Jun-09 18:24:53

dd has little millia spots on her face like the little milk spots babies have on their cheeks. She's concerned (I'm not at all) so I said I would ask about it. At least two other friends have the same thing...is it a need to wash more? They're pretty bad at washing faces regularly at this age I know.

Small worry, but any advice will be forwarded gratefully to dd!

weegiemum Thu 25-Jun-09 18:28:32

My 9yo dd has this as well.

We have started washing with a slightly abrasive wash (a clearasil one) and they have gone, along with the blackheads she was starting to get.

My dd is fairly "well developed" - starting to get breast buds and needs a shower most days - has a deoderant now as she had been a bit pongy on coming home from school.

She went for the facial scrub as it was "big-girl". She likes that!

Fizzfiend Fri 26-Jun-09 14:01:52

Thanks....will try that out. Dd also liking the idea of big girl stuff...very into moisturiser, etc.

KateF Fri 26-Jun-09 14:05:45

Another 9 yr old dd with "teenage" spots here. Have got her some cleansing pads and will try the facial wash idea too. Faces seem to get missed when they bath or shower grin. I must admit I wasn't quite expecting this at 9. the hormones seem to be kicking in very early - lots of shouting and stomping upstairs happening too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now