Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Poor old DD1 needs a filling.

(11 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbits Wed 24-Jun-09 18:09:07

and is absolutely gutted. sad

she has one of those soft crumbly no-enamel teeth at the back and bits have been falling off it for years. Now she has a small hole in it.

I feel such a mum-failure.

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 24-Jun-09 18:56:38

and nobody cares sad [hoplessly needy]

I have to have a filling too and I can't blam dodgy enamel. only age sad sad and i'm scared. sad sadsad

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 24-Jun-09 19:21:42

Can you use a dentist who uses hypnosis?

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Wed 24-Jun-09 19:22:48

Message withdrawn

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 24-Jun-09 19:26:11

i love you.

think it is 'my fault' something to do with virses while pregnant. therfore my fault sad

had 2 of my wisdom teeth out with local anaesthetic years ago. unfortunately this is now why i don't like the dentist. GA much much better. won't be able to hear the cracking and feel the tugging. when are you having it done?

dentist is cheapy NHS one so no hypnosis. just a rusty branch to bite on.

TheFool Wed 24-Jun-09 19:26:49

NOT your fault.

No real helpful advice, but giving sympathy in big bucketfuls (but having to run back and forth with them cos my bucket has a crack blush)

cornsilk Wed 24-Jun-09 19:30:38

Poor dd and not your fault. I had LOADS of teeth out as a child. My adult teeth are fine though.

burningupinspeed Wed 24-Jun-09 19:30:56

It is NOT your fault. Fillings are not a sign of failure, they stop the tooth from rotting and falling out! Of course no one wants them but better than the alternative...

Sorry for you and DD though but maybe it'll only be the one? My DP only has one filling envy

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Wed 24-Jun-09 19:33:28

Message withdrawn

bumpybecky Wed 24-Jun-09 19:34:25

dd2 has had two fillings

she had gas and air rather than an injection, it was very funny, it was like she was drunk! she didn't feel a thing and it wore off as soon as we got outside into the fresh air

bumpybecky Wed 24-Jun-09 19:35:16

oh and this was NHS, they seem to have moved on from rusty braches ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now