Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Prolonged High Temperature

(6 Posts)
puppie Wed 24-Jun-09 09:21:30

Hi Ladies. Was wondering if any of you have had experience with this. My DS (20 months) Has had a high temp for 11 days now. We took him to doc the day after his temp rose and doc said probably a virus. DS also had a rash for two days. He checked his ears, chest and throat and said all was fine. Gave him nothing but said to keep his temp down.

This has now carried on for 10 days with no change to his temp (around the 38.5 to 39 degree). He has constantly been on painkillers for the last 10 days to keep his temp down. We took him back to doc yesterday as I feel as though a temp should not go on for this long. Doc shrugged his shoulders aaargh. Although he dis check ears etc again and all clear.

I am getting very worried about this to the point where I am going into his room 3-4 a night to check on him (he had convulsions once due to high temp)and I'm furious with doc.

Have any of you any idea or experience of what this could be? sad

Chamomile Wed 24-Jun-09 09:39:19

Has he had his urine checked?

puppie Wed 24-Jun-09 09:40:55

No, Had to TELL THE DOCTOR to check his urine so he reluctantly gave us a sample bottle last night which we will drop off today. If it was a UTI would there be any other signs do you know?

Chamomile Wed 24-Jun-09 09:46:05

If it was a UTI he might be nauseous or vomiting and complain of tummy pain.
My DD has just recovered from a week long high temp. and night sweats. We never got a clear diagnosis but she was given antibiotics in the end which cleared it.

puppie Wed 24-Jun-09 09:50:59

Ta Chamomile! He had sweats for the first two nights. He is too little yet to let me know his tummy hurts and no vomiting. I hope they give him antibiotics anyway.

Chamomile Wed 24-Jun-09 10:00:23

11 days is a long time. I hope he gets better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now