Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone know what this it - red patch under my daughter's eye?

(4 Posts)
stressed2007 Tue 23-Jun-09 08:34:10

Has anyone any idea what this can be? Quite routinely for the last month or so (maybe once a week) my daughter wakes up (or I think it comes on during the day) with a red patch under the same eye - it lasts a few days and then goes. By the time I get to see the doctor it has gone. Do you think this might be something serious - the nursery said last time it looked like she had a black eye (though it is red). Any ideas? Thanks very much.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 23-Jun-09 08:45:14

Yes, she's probably sleeping with her fist in her eye!

DD does this sometimes and it looks awful.

stressed2007 Tue 23-Jun-09 08:46:46

really - do you think that is it? I was thinking that but then discounted it. It is quite patchy and red - does your DD's look like that? How long does it take to go down? Thanks

whomovedmychocolate Tue 23-Jun-09 08:49:13

About eight hours - longer if she's doing it a few nights running - to be fair it's worse when she has hay fever as she rubs her eyes compounding the problem (in her sleep I mean, we've seen her do it!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now