Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help - chicken pox and fever of over 40 every evening for last 4 evenings

(5 Posts)
flier Thu 18-Jun-09 20:10:16

Is it normal for the fever to last for so long? He seems ok during the day but every evening his temp just soars.

He's had spots since last Saturday and had a bad cough for around 3.5 weeks now. I'm not sure if I should take him to gp or if this is normal. I'm also worried that it is not normal, of course blush

spicemonster Thu 18-Jun-09 20:14:39

Can you bring it down with calpol/ibuprofen? My DS was pretty bad for about 4 days and then he turned a corner next day. CP is much worse than I expected. Your poor boy

flier Thu 18-Jun-09 20:32:44

thankfully it does come down with both calpol and ibuprofen. Its so strange how he can be relatively fine during the day and then goes downhill in the late afternoon/early evening.

thanks for replying, spicemonster

CrushWithEyeliner Thu 18-Jun-09 20:43:13

Can you talk to the docs and explain what is happening then he can be seen again. If you are concerned please take him.

I am so sorry you are going through this - I know what it's like to go through a high fever for a long period. CP can hit certain people v hard.

flier Thu 18-Jun-09 20:56:29

there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer for me, so I'll probably phone the gp in the morning. thanks Crush and Spice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now