Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox just post tonsils/adenoid removal - is this going to be bad?

(4 Posts)
snickersnack Thu 18-Jun-09 17:13:59

ds had his tonsils and adenoids out on Tuesday. dd has just come down with chicken pox - she caught it from a friend's little girl who she and ds were playing with around 2 weeks ago (I assume). ds is now looking a bit mopey and I think a bit spotty (that could be my paranoia, but I reckon he is). How bad is this going to be? NHS Direct were useless, and I can't get through to our GP...

Concepta Thu 18-Jun-09 21:46:55

Not able to offer you any advice, but hope someone can be of help before the end of the evening. Its bad enough him having had his tonsils and adenoids removed without chicken pox - poor wee boy and poor mum too. Thinking of you and hope if he does get them he doesn't get them too bad. My DD had her tonsils and adenoids out over a year ago so I know what its like in the days that follow - you want them to eat well incase of infection etc. You are very much in my thoughts and prayers.

Concepta Fri 19-Jun-09 18:22:50

Was thinking about you today - how is things with your DS. How is he? Hope things are ok.

Wallace Fri 19-Jun-09 21:17:01

Poor weee thing, how is he?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now