Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Low white blood cell count?

(6 Posts)
TheDevilWearsYFronts Thu 18-Jun-09 16:00:58

Does anyone know what this can be caused by/ could be symptomatic of.

I am scared to google it.

noddyholder Thu 18-Jun-09 16:04:32

Sometimes too many anti biotics or infection.Also several auto immune conditions swing between low and high.Don't google there are so many reasons.Any other symptoms?Flu?

TheDevilWearsYFronts Thu 18-Jun-09 16:25:34

I took him to A&E as he had a meningitis type rash and high fever, bloody scary.

They told me he has a viral infection, we are seeing the GP next monday to discuss things.

TheDevilWearsYFronts Thu 18-Jun-09 16:26:35

I am loathe to give him antibiotics tbh, unless he really needs them, I think they are pushed too often. So he's only had one course ever.

noddyholder Thu 18-Jun-09 16:31:13

Well viruses upset production in teh bone marrow and the wbc can stay low for quite a while after a virus.They are prob just going to keep an eye on him

TotalChaos Thu 18-Jun-09 16:33:51

agree with noddy. try not to panic. when DH has had this blood test result he has just been told to get retested in a few weeks when he has had a chance to fully get over a virus/infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now