Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cradlecap - why is it back again?!

(6 Posts)
redclover79 Wed 17-Jun-09 16:41:52

DS1 is 5 now, and I've just spotted a small patch of cradle cap on his head. He seems to get a recurring patch every 6 months, is there anything I can do to get rid of it permanently? DS2 doesn't seem to be affected in the same way but DD looks like she might be heading the same way, I get rid of it and it makes a comeback.
I use a cradlecap cream from Boots which clears it up quickly, DS1 also has excema though, could that be a factor?

12StoneNeedsToBe10 Wed 17-Jun-09 16:53:56

They could be linked being that they're, effectively, both dry-skin conditions.

DS (only got one) got a touch of it again about 2-3 years ago... he was 14 earlier this year shock.
I bought a bottle of Dentinox (it's only about £2 from the supermarket) and one application got rid of it.

redclover79 Wed 17-Jun-09 17:28:07

Thanks 12, DS1 is getting more and more awkward to pin down these days in order to apply! Will have a look at trying dentinox smile

lizziemun Wed 17-Jun-09 17:54:47

Where about does he get it.

I still get a patch a the nape of my neck/hairline when it hot. Where i get sweaty.

redclover79 Wed 17-Jun-09 17:57:19

Right on top, he does spend a lot of time with a hat on at school... Not thought of that, thanks lizziemum!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 17-Jun-09 18:00:51

Funnily enough I've noticed this week that DS (nearly 5) has a patch of cradle cap.

He got it as a baby but I've not been aware of it since then until this week.

We used to use Dentinox shampoo so I might need to dig that out again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now