Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My DS has Chicken Pox...can we still fly next week???

(4 Posts)
kidcreoleandthecoconuts Tue 16-Jun-09 13:16:07

Basically my DS has chicken pox. The first spots appeared on Saturday. DD has no signs as yet of having them.
We are due to fly to visit my family next Wednesday. Should we risk it? I'm hoping by that time all DS's spots will be scabbed and therefore he won't be infectious but DD could still be carrying the bug couldn't she?
I really don't want to cancel as it's been booked for ages, I havent seen my family in over a year and it's a very short flight. but i don't want to be responsible for 'passing it on' IYKWIM.
Any experiences of this anyone?

Ewe Tue 16-Jun-09 13:20:18

You're infectious for two days before the rash appears and five days after so I think he would be fine to travel, he shouldn't be infectious.

It's possible that DD is in incubation period but it's only a possibility.

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Tue 16-Jun-09 13:26:41

Thanks for the quick reply Ewe. Yes it will be over the 5 days when we fly so he should be ok. I suppose I'll just have to hope that DD is clear.

Ewe Tue 16-Jun-09 13:32:30

Yeah, I think so, anyone could potentially be incubating chicken pox with or without knowledge. Changing travel plans on that basis would be very annoying!

Of course DD could come out in spots before you fly, then I'm not sure what you do, cancel I guess? Are you insured?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now