Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pre-school boosters - does it include Hib/Men c

(4 Posts)
violetismygirl Mon 15-Jun-09 16:15:52

I'm confused about how many hib/men c vacs DD should have. I thought that the correct vacs were 4 doses of hib and 3 doses of men c.

She's 3 1/2 so had hib/men c at 2/3/4 months.

She didn't have hib/men c at 12 months as the nurse said she didn't need 4 doses of men c and that the hib wasn't done separately.

Now had reminder for pre-school booster, which I've booked for Wednesday, the nurse has told me this includes hib (in with diptheria etc), mmr, and that she will also need a separate men c booster.

So that would mean she will have had 4 doses of both hib and men c.

Comments please!

violetismygirl Mon 15-Jun-09 20:53:53

Anyone?!

Sidge Mon 15-Jun-09 21:15:41

Because the schedule changed in 2006 your daughter had bits of both schedules.

But I don't understand why she needs MenC booster if she has had 3 doses already. Children now get 3 doses of MenC, at 3, 4 and 12 months. She shouldn't need a fourth as far as I understand.

I'm not 100% sure what's going on with the pre-school supply of vaccines at the mo, it might be that the dip/tet/pertussis/polio vaccine is currently being supplied with Hib included.

She will be offered her MMR booster as well.

Have a look here for the schedules.

violetismygirl Tue 16-Jun-09 10:34:19

Sidge - thanks for your reply. That's a great help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now