Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rash problem on 4 year old.

(5 Posts)
nobodysfool Mon 15-Jun-09 08:55:11

Ds has just turned 4 and has had an ongoing rash for the last 3 and a half weeks.
It started off in his groin and spread upwards and stopped just before his armpit.It looks like lots of small single raised spots with space inbetween them.Now they have spread all over his torso and back on his neck and now starting to go down his legs.It itches sometimes but not bad.
He has a nasty virus 4-5 weeks ago which he had a high temp etc.
The doc said it looked like a post viral rash at first then when we took him back he said it was an allergic reaction to something he had touched now he is saying its contact eczema and has give us steroid cream.
The steroid cream has taken the redness out of the spots but they are still there and are white spots.
There is chicken pox going around his nursery and i was wondering if cp rash can ever look different?
Any ideas please im getting quite worried.

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 15-Jun-09 10:56:05

It doesn't sound much like chicken pox, especially if he's been getting new spots for nearly a month.

I'd take him to another GP and get a second opinion.

Could it be mollescum?

nobodysfool Mon 15-Jun-09 12:56:46

thanks for your reply- i have had a look at molluscum and its not like that (thank goodness).Im taking him back to the doctors this afternoon...

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 15-Jun-09 22:10:27

How did you get on?

nobodysfool Mon 15-Jun-09 22:39:36

Thanks for asking....
The doc says she (different one today) is sure it is a type of external contact eczema.Carry on with the oilatum cream but not to use the steroids anymore as it doesnt seem to be working and she we also came away with hayfever medcine and antibiotics for an ear infection-oh joy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now