Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vomiting phlegm - any suggestions -

(3 Posts)
SunisShinin Sun 14-Jun-09 12:26:56

Hi - ds2 (2) has vomited phlegm / mucous lots of time before but only when his asthma is bad. Out of nowhere two weeks ago he started a high pitched wail then dropped to the ground then threw up loads - but its was mostly what he'd just drunk and loads of really thick sticky phlegm. He was really floppy and out of it so put it down to tummy bug and he was fine next day. Then 10 days later - this Thursday he woke in the night and threw up again - this time some sick but again lots of phlegm. Stopped after about an hour- fine again in the morning. Last night at 2am - repeat performance and the last lot was a a clear ball of sticky phlegm about the size of his fist - tmi but looked like he'd puked a jelly fish.

Taking him to GP tomorrow but since this is nearly always a complete waste of time I like to be prepared and know if this is something I should be making a fuss over.

He doesn't have a cold and is still eating lightly - he's been off his food for about 4 weeks.

Also his heart rate does go up a bit during weach episode and he goes very grey looking but thought this was probably normal when someone is sick.

Please help - I am soooooo fed up of cleaning sick.

SunisShinin Sun 14-Jun-09 21:01:25

bump

need some reassurance here people. I'm starting to be really worried. ds just woke again crying- no sick yet but feel pretty certain its coming.
Feels like a long time til drs opens tomorrow.

Elibean Sun 14-Jun-09 22:46:30

Poor you, and poor ds....have no idea, really, but didn't want your post to go unanswered.

I would definitely ask the GP, because phlegm without a cold sounds odd to me too - though I imagine if his gut is very irritated, it can produce mucous of some sort?? No idea, I'm so sorry, but hope the night is not too bad and you get seen early tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now