Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Another boring chicken pox question - do all the little spots become proper blistery ones eventually?

(9 Posts)
spicemonster Sat 13-Jun-09 19:19:31

We are on day six here of CP and while my DS seems to have stopped getting new spots, he has quite a few which are still very small and not yet blistered. Will they all blister or just fade away as he's coming to the end of it now?

Would like to have some idea when the end might be in sight!

lljkk Sat 13-Jun-09 19:24:58

IME (2 dc recently had cp) most spots never scab, most never look like blisters. They just sort of appear, get bigger and darker for a day or 2, then start fading away.
I also thought that 5 days after the first one appeared the child was no longer contagious, as a rule.

spicemonster Sat 13-Jun-09 19:27:26

Thanks. I don't think that's right re 5 days - my DS still has blisters and afaik until all the blisters have gone and crusted over, he's infectious. I think we are unlucky though in that it's taking quite a long time

lljkk Sat 13-Jun-09 19:30:35

Well good luck, like I said, most of DC's never looked like scabs at all, they just faded away instead.

SweetEm Sat 13-Jun-09 19:32:10

My ds has just had cp and some of his spots never blistered either.

Wallace Sat 13-Jun-09 19:41:25

They do say 5 days after the first spots appear. There is a notice up in my kids' schcool and I've read it on mumsnet - so there grin

spicemonster Sat 13-Jun-09 19:41:44

lljkk - sorry, didn't mean to be dismissive. We have had huge blisters here though but glad to hear you and SweetEm have some that didn't - hope will be the case here too

spicemonster Sat 13-Jun-09 19:44:08

Yeah, it says 5-7 days after spots first appear on the NHS website too but like I said, 7 days on and he still has some blisters. I guess we're just unlucky

ilovesprouts Sat 13-Jun-09 19:47:29

my ds1 just had chicken pox @19 .. he was coverd head -toe they are just about going now ,but still cant go back to work as works in a supermarket

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now