Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Odd rash or bruises?

(3 Posts)
Pennies Sat 13-Jun-09 16:51:35

DD1 (4.6yrs) has an odd rash / set of bruises on her chest. Each one is bluey grey in colour (like an old bruise), up to 5mm in diameter and she has about 12 - 15 of them on her torso.

They don't fade under a glass.

I don't have a thermometer but she doesn't feel like she has a temp and has been in high (in fact, quite manic) spirits all day. She has been swimming, to a village fete, eaten a load of pizza and strawberries and was tucking into some maltesers as just now in the car.

DH is taking her to A&E as a precaution because of the rash but as her general demeanour is not one of an ill child I'm wondering what it could be.

Anyone got any ideas?

Pennies Sat 13-Jun-09 16:58:16

bump

PerfectPrefect Sat 13-Jun-09 17:04:39

Sounds like A&E is the right thing to do as it is a non blanching rash.

BUT when DD had a non-blanching rash which was identical to meningitis rash GP, although he checked her carefully, was not worried as the rash is one of the last signs with serious things like meningitis. By the time the rash comes out they are normally looking pretty poorly - which it doesn't sound as though your DD is.

Right to get it checked. But I think that it is to rule out anything serious ratheer than because it is a worry IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now