Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can anyone guess what this might be?

(8 Posts)
mummypumpkin Fri 12-Jun-09 22:05:39

And no, I don't know the answer!

Ds2 has been ill since yesterday...
Yesterday he was lethergic, pale, had clammy skin, a temp of 38.9, was off his food, said he had a very sore throat.

Today much better, temp still high and will not eat but no lethargy or clammy skin. Says his throat is still sore but also complaining about the roof of his mouth. I had a look and it looks like there are red spots there.

Any ideas what this might be?
Thanks!

LaDiDaDi Fri 12-Jun-09 22:08:30

Do they look like tiny blood blisters, the spots on the roof of his mouth that is?

If so it might well be Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV).

mummypumpkin Fri 12-Jun-09 22:10:09

They aren't raised up as far as I can tell. Just dark red, it almost looks like he's grazed it.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 12-Jun-09 22:14:25

Scarlet fever maybe, he needs to see a GP.

blinks Sat 13-Jun-09 01:02:15

look out for rash on hands and/or feet, esp palms and soles...could be hand foot and mouth disease.

if so it's not serious.

the fact that he's better today is reassuring. lots of fluid etc and call NHS Direct/24 if he worsens.

mum2RandR Sat 13-Jun-09 06:47:08

Agree with BLINKS. My DS had hand, foot and mouth and he had red spots on the roof of his mouth.

mummypumpkin Sat 13-Jun-09 12:17:28

Thank you. No rash has appeared. He vomited a few times this morning but now seems to be on the mend.

blinks Sat 13-Jun-09 19:47:52

good-o

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now