Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 week old DS sounds really congested after feeds... is this normal?

(4 Posts)
Bicnod Fri 12-Jun-09 20:46:19

I'm bf DS (he's my first baby so new to this parenting thing) and he often sounds congested after feeds. He also sometimes has a bit of trouble bringing up wind and pooing/farting(we use infacol which has definitely made a difference) as well. Just wondering if the sounding congested thing is normal? It lasts about half an hour or so after feeds - he's a bit of a guzzler (sometimes chokes a bit during feeds because he tries to take in so much milk) so wondered if that could be the reason why? Hope someone can help set a worried mummy's mind at ease

Bicnod Fri 12-Jun-09 22:15:00

bump

kd73 Fri 12-Jun-09 22:22:08

Congratulations on the arrival of your new son and also BF grin. Unfortunately, can't say we had similar problems but didn't want to ignore your post.

Would just keep an eye on his weight and so long as he is gaining and the congestion doesn't cause any discomfort, I wouldn't worry. Perhaps next time you see your HV give a mention but I wouldn't worry!

fannybanjo Fri 12-Jun-09 22:27:46

Bicnod DD3 from the age of 5 weeks old all of a sudden became congested and I had a nightmare feeding her, especially at night. UNTIL I bought this humidifier. IT really helped DD3 to sleep and feed better.

Unfortunately the GP said that some babies are just like this and they grow out of it and woe and behold, DD3 at 4 months is no longer congested.

I hope it gets easier for you because I had some hard nights for a long time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now