Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

please does anyone have knowledge of this..Im a bit worried

(10 Posts)
anniebear Thu 11-Jun-09 20:00:24

my DD will be 8 end of Aug, she is of a very slim build,

tonight in the bath she commented about one of her boobs, she said it felt like it had a bone in it and was a bit painful when prodded

When I looked one boob and the area around it looked raised.

When I felt it there was a good sized lump there

It did move around a little...a cyst???? But I have never heard of a 7 yr old with a cyst right under her breast

A while ago I did google early puberty as she does have some hairs down below, But she is really dark haired so I preumed they were just normal fine hairs all kids would have

the other day she had 1 long dark hair under her arm which we pulled out!!!!!

Any idea's?

Docs in the morning or Monday I think

cocolepew Thu 11-Jun-09 20:03:05

I think it would be her breast growing, DD is 11 and has the same thing. She has only got 3 hairs under 1 arm hmm. Puberty actually starts at 8 y o. If you are worried though take her to the DR.

anniebear Thu 11-Jun-09 20:04:50

thanks

Just read about puberty but she is 7!!

would it be so hard and hurt to touch ?

thank you

anniebear Thu 11-Jun-09 20:06:14

well, 2 and a half months off 8
lol

it just seems quite big , the hard part

cocolepew Thu 11-Jun-09 20:09:29

I remember starting to bud at the age of 9 and it was very sore if they were knocked.

My DD has a condition where she could have precocious puberty, I was told anything before 7 was classed as this. I would guess it's puberty because of her pubic hair.

But it's only my opinion!

BTW fish oils is very good for breast pain.

anniebear Thu 11-Jun-09 20:14:23

thankyou

suppose I should still go to the Docs? just incase

cocolepew Thu 11-Jun-09 20:16:49

If would make you feel better, then yes of course go smile.
Good luck.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 11-Jun-09 20:16:53

It could also be a rib maybe? Mine are lumpy so it's a nightmare doing an exam. Sometimes they rotate and can look like a long lump and they can be quite sore.

anniebear Thu 11-Jun-09 20:21:19

I'm having horrible thoughts of my little girl...she has long legs, is very slim, lovely big brown eyes and she's gonna have huge boobs by the time she is 9 lol lol

Then again, they may help balance out her over sized feet!!!!!!!!!!!!

anniebear Thu 11-Jun-09 22:19:31

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now