Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

why would my son need to see the dr after eye test

(8 Posts)
southeastastra Thu 11-Jun-09 14:41:21

have a letter asking me to arrange a routine appointment with a dr after his visit to the opticians.

anyone know why?

southeastastra Thu 11-Jun-09 14:55:15

no-one have any idea? i will ring the doctor when i have half an hour to spend waiting for them to answer.

SpringySponge Thu 11-Jun-09 14:57:36

DH says that it's probably about a squint, as a precautionary thing. But could also be linked to the possibility of diabetes?

southeastastra Thu 11-Jun-09 15:12:42

oh right, thanks springy

SpringySponge Thu 11-Jun-09 15:36:51

Hope it's nothing serious

southeastastra Thu 11-Jun-09 21:47:58

yes hope so, worrying now

SpringySponge Fri 12-Jun-09 07:30:53

I think that most of the time it really is just a very over-cautious thing. Better to be safe than sorry & all that. & you know how few risks people take when it comes to children. When I asked DH he didn't pull an 'oh dear' face or anything like that; it's very common indeed & the number of real problems are such a small percentage of that. Really, please don't worry

southeastastra Thu 18-Jun-09 15:18:49

spoke to dr today, he's referring my son to the optomotrist (sp!) but he didn't seem too concerned either. guess i'll know more when i get the appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now