Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

a red cheek on a 2.1yo is most likely to be caused by...?

(8 Posts)
phdlife Thu 11-Jun-09 11:50:28

since he has been patting his cheek for a few days and today says his mouth hurts, I'm plumping for those pesky 2yo molars.

my mother, who knows far more than i do about everything especially my dc's, says it's more likely to be an ear infection.

bubblagirl Thu 11-Jun-09 15:34:48

my ds gets very red cheek whenever anything is wrong from cold teething , viral check his mouth make sure no ulcers could be teething if still like it in few days just take gp for once over throat ears etc

bubblagirl Thu 11-Jun-09 15:35:04

also give calpol and see if redness comes down

PortAndLemon Thu 11-Jun-09 17:25:20

1. Paint (probably not if it's actually painful smile)
2. Teething
3. Sore throat or ear infection
4. Slapped cheek disease (but again, probably not given the description of painful mouth)

phdlife Sat 13-Jun-09 12:33:38

thanks. it was much less red for a day, then today he mentioned his mouth hurting again twice. and right off his feed. found he was running a 38.4 temp this afternoon though he seemed perfectly happy, apart from the food thing - and after a dose of calpol he wolfed down a good dinner. ...

pol think we can rule out slapped-cheek as it's only on one side. (we can rule that out, can't we? [worried])

purepurple Sat 13-Jun-09 15:59:46

teething is a good bet.

PortAndLemon Tue 16-Jun-09 10:43:31

How is he now?

phdlife Tue 16-Jun-09 11:43:49

turned out to be a sick little boy, portandlemon - Sat night he was running a temp, Sunday it sat at 39+ all day, it's responding to drugs now but he's still completely miserable. GP said it was a 3-day thing so cross fingers for tomorrow, please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now