Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Now that his foreskin retracts, should he wee differently?

(3 Posts)
notnigella Wed 10-Jun-09 22:05:46

Hi,
My 3 yo DS has just started being able to pull his foreskin back- "mum, watch this" while in the bath last week. I now think that the end of his willy looks a bit red, but think that could be because he is playing with it ALL the time?!
The question is, now that he can retract the foreskin should he be doing so every time he wees? Sometimes he wants to wee standing up, but quite often he still wants to sit on the toilet, in which case he doesnt pull it back. As he doesnt pull it back when he sits on the toilet to do a poo, maybe this is OK, but I wonder if this is something I should be concerned about and encouraging him to stand up more - but I don't want to make a big deal of it?
Also, I know that we should try to "wash" it in the bath, but should I get him to use soap or just water? It seems slippery enough for him to pull back just to splash with water already!
Thanks for any advice.

thisisyesterday Wed 10-Jun-09 22:08:29

no, he doesn't need to pull it back to wee.
and it doesn't need washing either

notnigella Thu 11-Jun-09 10:58:28

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now