Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

kids electric toothbrushes - any tips?

(8 Posts)
jamsandwich Tue 09-Jun-09 22:12:57

No responses on the Products topic, so thought I'd hop over here...

Just had the dreaded dentist experience, dd nearly 4, has a cavity. Oh God, the guilt.

Sooo, have upped the toothpaste fluoride level and now snooping about for a whizzy toothbrush.

I think it needs to be very Disney/ princess to convince her. I've looked at a few Braun Oral B ones - Stages Power has Cinderella or Ariel shaped handle but brush head looks a bit big. Also I can't seem to find it in any UK sites, bit of a pain.

Also looked at rechargeable one with princess brush heads but it's really expensive and not very princessy so not sure if she'll be convinced.

I also want to avoid loud vibratey ones as I think she'll freak out, so don't like to put a princess brush head on my own Oral B handle as that is a bit too zizzy for me sometimes!

Can anyone advise?

PerfectPrefect Tue 09-Jun-09 22:16:16

The Braun rechargable one is pretty good.

Isn't too loud and intermittently you can get tehm half price (so about £12).

We actually have 2 in the family and DP and I also use them with our own heads.

abear Tue 09-Jun-09 22:22:45

My dentist told me to get a Braun rechargeable. We had a battery powered one and apparently they aren't powerful / fast enough (my DS, aged 6 has cavity and I have the guilt too!). Unfortuantely I think that may rule out the whole Disney Princess thing.

Seona1973 Tue 09-Jun-09 22:26:08

sleeping beauty brush

dd has the battery operated princess one like this. Tesco sells them.

PerfectPrefect Tue 09-Jun-09 22:26:21

You can get disney princess heads for the Braun rechargeable. They do Disney Cars for the boys I think (although don't pay much attention to boys products).

jamsandwich Tue 09-Jun-09 22:27:23

thank you, Braun seem pretty popular then! Sounds like I need to go on the hunt for some special offers.

PerfectPrefect Tue 09-Jun-09 22:29:13

I have just seen your OP.

Do you have the bog standard cheapie Braun handle? If you do why don't you get her some Princess heads and give it a go rather than investing in the expensive part.

If you get on with it you can look out for a brush when they are half price (they do it about once every 3m I think).

jamsandwich Tue 09-Jun-09 22:37:59

PerfectPrefect - I made the mistake of buying a more expensive one for me (when it was half price, natch) thinking it must be better if it costs more. But it is a bit too much.

But I think dh has an old basic one lying about somewhere, I think you might be onto something there. I could always cover it with stickers to win over her fickle heart.

hooray for Mumsnet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now