Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ear problems in DD

(3 Posts)
Hulababy Tue 09-Jun-09 20:41:29

Since Christmas time 7yo DD has struggled with her ears.

She describes it as a feeling of her ears having popped, like you get in a plane or up a big hill. It happens many times a day and it bugs her. It doesn't hurt her, but it is not comfortable and it is annoying. She is forever holding her nose and blowing to try to "unpop" her ears. She also ends up puling odd faces if she thinks no one is looking, stretching her jaw, again to try to "unpop" herself.

The GP originally thought Glue Ear. However we saw the hearing assessment unit a couple of months back who said that, although not perfect, her hearing was within normal parameters and she didn't diagnose glue ear.

She rarely gets colds. She isn't nasally, etc so not linked to that from what we can see.

But it is still here and still annoying her. Her school have also noticed it.

She has another appointmenet at the hearing assessment unit later this month but I don't expect anything to come of it again.

So what next?

It clearly isn't normal. And it bugs her.

Thanks

oneforward20back Tue 09-Jun-09 23:53:11

Have you had a ENT referral? different from audiology.

Will admit to being interested in this personally as I suffer from this but only in connection to synus issues. Is this something that could be considered

Hulababy Wed 10-Jun-09 10:37:01

Thanks. Will push for other appointment then.

I don't think she has sinus problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now