Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does Chicken Pox ever NOT blister?

(4 Posts)

Maybe in a very mild case?

I am in a quandry as ds is just getting over cp and dd came out in a rash yesterday that look exactly like ds's did before his started to blister. But whilst his formed blisters within a couple of hours, hers show no signs of doing so over 24 hours later.

To add to the confusion dd had her MMR 11 days ago (probably the first day that ds would have been contagious). So could this be the 'measles type rash' you can get after the MMR? (she has about 20 insect bite looking spots mostly on her trunk, nothing on her face or behind her ears).

She hads also been a bit off colour and off her food with a bit of a temp exactly as ds was.

Sorry this is so rambling just anxious to get the quarantine over and done with, esp. if it is without reason.

Can't see GP for 2 days btw, hence the posting here.

ThePhantomPlopper Tue 09-Jun-09 11:45:11

I have heard that a mild case may not blister, but I'm not sure it came from a reliable source.

My GP told me it can take up to 48hrs for the rash to blister.

silkcushion Tue 09-Jun-09 11:46:51

not sure about yr dd but my dd didn't have blisters just spots. But we had to keep moisturising her cos of eczema so that may have been the reason why

Thanks both, maybe they will still blister then? They really don't look anything like a measles rash (have googled). So I guess they must be chicken pox.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now