Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Arrrggghhhh! DD has nits! What's the best way to get rid of them? I haven't dealt with nits since I was a lass!!!!

(8 Posts)
McDreamy Tue 09-Jun-09 09:13:20

Poor DD is mortified! I managed to remove a few lice last night plus some eggs. What's the best treatment? How long are they likely to last?

MatNanPlus Tue 09-Jun-09 11:00:03

Neem shampoo - natural or a nit shampoo and lots of conditioner and combing it thru with a nit comb every night, once you have all the eggs out or damaging it will be over with.

MatNanPlus Tue 09-Jun-09 11:00:24

Neem shampoo - natural or a nit shampoo and lots of conditioner and combing it thru with a nit comb every night, once you have all the eggs out or damaging it will be over with.

MatNanPlus Tue 09-Jun-09 11:00:52

oops, MN had a funny 5 secs

josben Tue 09-Jun-09 11:05:55

DS2 has had them,i was also shock and they were stubborn little blighters that kept coming back.

The only way i managed to be fully rid of them was by shampooing with a lice shampoo and then thoroughly combing through with conditioner. The last time he had them i took ages combing every single last egg out and touch wood they have stayed away - thank goodness! {smile]

McDreamy Tue 09-Jun-09 12:15:34

Thank you I will go and find Neem shampoo this afternoon. Did you treat yourself too? Or is my itching just all in my mind ? grin

McDreamy Tue 09-Jun-09 12:16:27

Oh and did you keep them off school? I have sent DD in as normal this morning!

Maveta Tue 09-Jun-09 12:19:49

In nursery at least you are definitely NOT supposed to send them in with lice as they pass it around so easily! Not sure if this is different with older kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now